January 31, 2019
Real Estate Spring is Here!
Real Estate Spring is Here! What do I mean by that? Well, many buyers and sellers love to wait till Spring to do shop for a home or put their home on the market. Why? For several great reasons:
1) The holidays are over, the year is new, and it is a great time to work on and accomplish those big goals like finding a new house and selling the old one.
2) The kids school year will end in June and spring is a good time to find a new place and make that move in June.
3) The weather is perfect, the grass is green, and the flowers are in bloom, making houses look seductively inviting.
For all these reasons, spring is often a favorite time for people to think about real estate. For us in Southern California, spring avoids the heat of summer, the dog days when people would rather not be looking at houses or moving furniture in the hot sun.
Well, I’m here today to share with you that Real Estate Spring is here! Real Estate Spring actually happens earlier than people think – don’t wait till March or April to get started – February is the time to get your home on the market if you are selling so you beat the rush and get a leg up on the competition…… and February is the time to start looking for homes if you are in the market to buy.
“But Nancy, I don’t want to move till June!”
I get that! June is the busiest month of the year for closings, did you know that? Because many people would like to move in June. And that is no problem at all. May I share with you how I can get you a June closing?
1) Let’s get your home on the market in February – it’s now taking 1 to 3 months to get a home sold – that takes us to potentially April to get you under contract with a buyer – then we can get you a 60 day escrow – voila! June.
2) Let’s get your home on the market in February – under contract by April, then close in 30 days, then add in a 30 to 45 day “rent back” – Voila! Get your money in April or May so you can shop for your next house – move out in June!
3) If you are a buyer, I’ll negotiate for you to get you a June closing, if that’s what you’d like.
There’s so much I can do for you to help you make the best move possible.
Don’t hesitate. Call me or email me today so we can get started on this exciting process!
Email me to get my list of preferred vendors who can help you get what you need done. I am constantly revising this list and have more people I can recommend for other needs, so call me periodically for more information.